Thursday, October 16, 2014

Blog Challenge #2: Passionate Post


     

     Blog challenge number two is a little more of a "challenge" for me because I don't have a business. It seems as though this challenge is to help promote your business. I'm not really a business person. I have tried to promote myself in the past selling painted items, clothing, scrapbooking supplies, even porcelain dolls. I did craft shows, home sales, parties, even had a booth at Costco. I did everything but build a website, but I did think about it. I'm just not a salesman. My dad was a wonderful salesman, supporting our family selling snack foods all over Montana, Idaho, Oregon, Utah, and Washington from a company he successfully built himself. My brothers inherited his great selling skills. We three girls? Not so much. I can get excited about helping someone find art supplies at Michael's, especially if I know what I am talking about, but ask me to push a credit card application or get an email address to fill a quota? Nope. Can't do it. 

     I have always had the ability to sense when someone has something they need to talk about. I am someone people come to when they need to talk. I sometimes say that I have a sign that says, "The doctor is in." Random strangers will start telling me their life stories. And even if I'm busy or have somewhere I need to be, I will stop and listen. I have had this for as long as I can remember. It just happened. I did not cultivate it. I did not ask for it. It just comes with my personality. If you need a good friend, I am it. Tell me a secret and tell me not to tell anyone? That's me. I won't tell a soul. I could have been a therapist. 

     I also say that I have a "Superman Complex." I have a need to save the world. Sick puppies or motherless children? I'm the one to call. Abusive boyfriend or ornery roommates? Tell me about it. I've been there. I have great advice. I will drop whatever I'm doing to help someone who needs to talk or be cheered up. It also comes at an expense. I have a habit of setting aside whatever I need to do to help whomever needs me. Because of this, sometimes I won't answer a phone call or text. Sometimes I'm just too tired or stressed to be that person. Sometimes I have to say no and take care of myself. 

     I was talking to my daughter last night (in our five hour Skype conversation) and she said that she loves when she sees happy people because it makes HER happy. I told her to be the happy person that makes other people happy just by looking at her. That is what I hope to do. I want to be the happy person that can help others be happy. With this blog I hope to reach those that need my help or advice. I can pass on whatever help I can without having to be readily available when there are times I mentally cannot. 

     I am a passionate person in any situation.  Mostly I am passionate about being happy and making others happy. I have seen enough drama in my life to understand what others are experiencing in their own. I know what I have to do to become a happier person and I try extremely hard to pass that on to others. I have had some make comments that I post a lot on Facebook. I'm not posting what I made for dinner, or what color shoes I chose to wear that day, or a funny video, or a bad joke, or even whether or not a Utah driver annoyed me enough to cause road rage. I try really REALLY hard to post positive things. I follow so many self-help gurus, and motivational speakers myself because I choose to surround myself with happy, positive people. And those are the posts that I share on my Facebook page. I know I have friends that are experiencing trials and "stuff" in their lives that they want to get away from.  I know what I share on Facebook helps my friends because some of my friends have personally told me. I know that I am doing what I am supposed to be doing. I am here to help others be as happy as I am trying to be. My blog will touch a larger audience, and maybe stop those naysayers from complaining about too many FB posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment