Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Random Things That Make Me Happy







     I remember years ago reading someone's list of "100 things that make me happy" and trying to write my own. It was impossible. I could barely think of twenty. Last night at almost 2AM, I decided to write down things that make me happy, just because I was thinking about them, and I thought it would be another short list. It wasn't. It was really long and just kept pouring out of my head. When I woke up this morning at 6AM, I found that I had even more to add. And I keep adding to it!
     I think I must be happier in my life now than I was years ago when I tried to compile the list originally. I know I was unhappy in my marriage at the time but I still thought I was a happy person. Imagine my surprise now when my list was so easy to write and so easy to add to. This is a time in my life where I think I am at a pretty low point yet I could think of so many things that make me happy. And I could easily add more to the list even as I type this now. Is it because as I have gotten older that I pay more attention to the little things, the every day mundane experiences, than I ever have before? 

What is on your list? I challenge you to write a list of 100+ 

things that make you happy. If your list comes up short, find 

out why. Life is too short to not notice 

                          Every. Beautiful. Moment.  

                      Things that make me happy. 
                       (in no particular order, I swear)



Children's laughter 

A baby's smile 

Hugs

Smell of lavender

Puppy breath 

Sunshine on my face 

Flirting

Singing to the radio 

Sitting on a beach with my toes in the sand 

Going on a cruise

Love

Baby animals 

My children laughing together 

My grandson 

Belly laughs with my friends 

The smell of garlic

Great food

Italy

Sound of waves

Swimming

Roses

Great movies

Hard rain 

Great music 

Singing in my car

Driving fast

Road trips

Disney anything

Holding hands 

Ice cream 

Chocolate 

Being with my kids 

Girl talk

Back massages 

Love notes

A man who can dance 

Pedicures

Smell of leather 

New shoes

Nordstrom's shoe department

Fitting into skinny jeans 

Colored contacts

Dressing up 

Kissing someone I love

Cuddling 

Raspberries 

Comic con

Dancing 

Nature

Silence

Cicadas 

Steak

Sushi

Diet coke

Lemonad

Palm trees

Crack of a metal bat that announces spring time

Wind chimes 

Birds singing 

Laying in a park in the sunshine 

Watching the stars at night

Thunder and lightening storms 

Power outages

Candlelight 

Deep conversations 

Making love

Sightseeing

Adventures

Getting lost

Epiphanies

Someone who "gets" me

The smell of clean skin

Smell of babies

Being pregnant

Being a mom

Shopping

Spending time with my mom

Skype

Cheese

Kisses on the back of my neck 

Jazz music 

Dentist cleaning 

Cleaning the kitchen 

Reading a good book 

Making someone smile

A child's wave

Being warm in the winter 

When someone says "Me too!"

Christmas lights in the dark

Christmas music

Having money in the bank 

Hotels 

Doing anything with my kids

The "sound" of silence during a snow storm

Feeling healthy 

My bed

Naps

Sincere people

Great sarcasm

Feeling loved

New friends

Old friends 

Green grass

New car smell 

Playing footsie

Spooning 

"Making out"

Connecting deeply with someone

Barbra Streisand songs

My old wedding ring 

Encouraging words

Life coaches

Being in love

Cooking

Earth tones

Painting

Crafts

Gardening

Accomplishments

Singing hymns in church

Planning a trip

Flying somewhere 

Fresh fruit and vegetables

New place to live 

New beginnings

Knowing my children are happy

Weddings 

Art 

Architecture 

Big cities

Small towns

Ferry rides 

Riding a horse

Rivers and streams 

Eastern Tennessee

Florida

San Diego beaches

Rome 

Italian accents

Some men's cologne 

Beards and goatees (but only on men)

Great hair

Grey or white hair on men

Curly hair

Beautiful eyes 

Beautiful  smiles

Empty house and silence
  
Playing cards

Happy people

The zoo

Roller coasters

Clean sheets and a freshly made bed 

The smell of the dryer running

Nice people

Online shopping 

Shopping for other people

Chocolate cake

Seafood

Feeling beautiful

Feeling loved 

Service for others

Cheap gas

Socks

Musicals 

Anticipation of a first kiss

Old movies

Feeling inspired

Babies sleeping

Old Saturday morning cartoons

Selflessness

Old couples holding hands

My dad's smile and laugh

Compliments

Italian food

New "toys" (electronics)

Fresh air

Rental cars

Warms blankets on a cold day

Fire crackling in a fireplace

Campfire

Bacon

Camping breakfast

Smell of coffee

Starbucks





No comments:

Post a Comment