Monday, November 3, 2014

Monday Blues...



   



     Ever have one of those days? You know, the ones where you wish you could have a do-over. Today is my only day off this week. It's finals day for my creative writing class. Group paper/power point final, so no pressure to get things done by myself. Keeping up, cruising along.

    I woke up fine, I think. Not feeling bleh. Did my usual "morning paper" reading: emails, Facebook, etc. No problems there. Even started a 21 day Meditation program offered by Oprah (yes, Oprah), and Deepak. 

    But for some reason, right before noon, the blues hit. Maybe I'm hungry. Maybe I didn't get enough sleep. I don't know. I suddenly just started feeling bleh.  That feeling where music can make you cry. I hate days like this. 

     And I have the travel bug. I have "magic money" dropping in any day and I'm plotting my escape. I love the option of trying to figure out where to go, but then comes the horrible decision making process. And I don't want to travel alone anymore. I mean, I LOVE traveling alone and I have no problem doing it, I love the adventure of it. But for some reason this time I don't want to. Maybe that's what my problem is today. 

     I would love to just be able to say, "Come on. Let's go," and it would happen. Someone with the same adventurous qualities that I have. Not someone who just talks about going, but actually does it. I've known too many talkers and very few doers. There must be someone out there like me. I can't be an actual original, can I? Is everyone else just going thru life like a zombie? Isn't there anyone else who feels a strong urge to see what is beyond their front yard? 

    I'd love to sit on a beach for a few days. Or investigate a place in a foreign country I've never been before. Even sit on a cruise ship, reading a good book and watching the ocean flow by. It all sounds magical. Perfect and magical. 

     But I don't want to go alone. Not this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment