Monday, November 17, 2014

I Mourn




I Mourn

I mourn the loss of my children
with their independence 
and adulthood.
I mourn the loss of their childhood
 and how quickly it passed.
I mourn the loss of their innocence,
and the life experiences they must now have.
I mourn the loss of their need for me.

I mourn for the loss of love 
that was supposed to be forever.
I mourn the loss of love that used to be mine.
I mourn for the heart that now feels empty.
I mourn for a love that is forever gone
Never to return.

I mourn the friend that helped me smile
and brought me comfort when I was sick.
I mourn the time that is lost 
that we spent together
and movies, and dinner, and just being.
No more will they exist 
In an effort to save myself.

I mourn something I thought might be;
love, and laughs, and deep conversation.
I mourn the loss of endless possibilities.
I mourn the loss of future 
deep thoughts, 
and laughs 
and conversations.
I mourn the lost unknown.
What might have been.
And wonder,
why not

I mourn the loss of my home,
wherever that may be.
That feeling is lost 
with no sense of a home in sight.
I mourn for the loss of a sense of purpose.
A reason why I exist.
A future not seen.
No one has need for my heart, 
my love, my care.
A purposeless existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment