Thursday, October 11, 2012

Viva Italiano!

I made it! The flight was perfect. More on that later when I find wifi. I'm on a train from the airport to the central train station. And I'm proud to say I found both the bathroom (which luckily uses the international symbol for women's bathroom) and the train station without asking for directions. I'm on my own little adventure and I can hardly stand my excitement.
There are two men sitting next to me on the train (across the aisle) speaking Italian (of course, I'm in Italy! What else would they be speaking?) and one actually said "scussi"to me. I love it. So far the Italians are friendly and helpful and don't mind that I'm an American in Italy insisting on speaking American. Shame on me.
My first conversation with an Italian? The ticket agent who sold me the train ticket. He was flipping a coin across his fingers. I asked him if that is what he did when he was bored and he let me know he was a poker player.
Did you know that even the Italian flies are annoying? They have no issues with personal space and I keep having to shoo it away. Feels like home. Atleast that is one thing that does not change.
The weather is overcast but I don't care. I am in ITALY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment