Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I need a map

That horrific moment in your life when you realize you don't really know what you're supposed to do next.
Am I supposed to stay in Utah? Where am I supposed to go? I need to start planning and preparing. I'm sitting on a beach in Italy and I'm scared. Not because of where I am right now, on this beach, but where I am in my life. Right now. Is this really all there is? Am I going to spend the next 30-40 years wondering where I am supposed to go next? Will I forever be dissatisfied with my job, my life.
Moving to Utah was the perfect answer almost six months ago. It just came to me in a moment like this where I was just relaxing, looking for an answer and it came. Totally unexpected and not at all the answer I would have chosen myself but there it was, as clear as day "Move to Utah" and so I did. It helped me get past that fork in the road and for the first time in two years I was at peace.
Now I'm at this crossroads again and I'm asking the same questions, what is next for me?
Natalie doesn't need me anymore. In a few months, Luke won't either because he'll be on his mission. Scott doesn't seem to need me as much as I thought he would, which I guess is a good thing. And Jeffrey has everything he wants with his job, his wife, and a baby on the way. And John, the one who was even more lost than I, even he has his life all figured out. Oh to be 27 again and have that all ahead. It's easier when you're young. So many choices. So many paths to take. At 50, your choices are limited. The job market is limited. Who wants to hire a woman in her fifties who may not be able to work in five or ten years for whatever reason.
I remember 6 months ago just wishing someone would tell me what to do. I am here again.
Please, someone. God. Heavenly Father. Give me the answer again.

No comments:

Post a Comment