Thursday, October 11, 2012

Heading to Italy!

I've dreamed of this trip for four years. It only came to pass because of the divorce and the sacrifice of some very wonderful people. My tour ticket was bought with the last of my equity money from my house. The plane ticket was given (more or less) by my co-worker whose husband works for Delta. She sold me a buddy pass for $650 (the ticket would have cost me over $1400 without it). Half the ticket money was from my old porcelain doll supplies and molds and the other half was "loaned" by a very dear friend of mine (and you know who you are).

The stress getting to this point has been tolerable but not enjoyable. I didn't actually get the confirmation number for my ticket until last night. Needless to say, I've been truly wondering whether or not I actually had a plane ticket. I worked all night (graveyard shift) and now I'm sitting in the airport waiting to find out if I am even getting a seat on the flight (the pain of flying on a buddy pass is that you fly standby, hoping you'll get a seat).
And then I glance up from technology and see the sunrise. Thank you. It's beautiful, as always.
I have 4 hours to New York then 2 hours layover then 12 hours to Milan. But is it really 12 hours? No, they're 8 hours ahead and I get in at 7:30am Milan time. That makes it 11:30pm here, right? Ahhhh, math, how I hate thee. So I guess it's really 6 hours to Milan from JFK. That's not so bad, right? Lets not take into account that I've been awake since 8pm last night...
Now I'm just waiting and watching the standby list. And I gotta pee...

No comments:

Post a Comment