Saturday, October 13, 2012

Being in a hostel is fun...

I'm sitting here in the hostel "bar" (big room with tables and the reception area and a "bar") with my "American coffee" and beer (nice combo, I know). I am FREEZING and wish I had a thicker hoodie with me (but it wasn't supposed to be cold). And I haven't seen a cheap sweatshirt anywhere..you know, one that says "Viva Italiano" that I can wear to advertise that I have indeed been to Italy.
I can tell you though, I do love the hostel. Not only is it cheap but it's also entertaining to hear all of the different languages. At my table right now is Emily from Chicago and some German guy who looks like Jeff (did you see the picture?) And Joyce (she's old) from California. It's really entertaining. And yes, for 10 euro there is the BBQ tonight. Actually, it's 12 euro to add grilled vegetables.
Anyway, it's fun and definitely an adventure. And I really haven't eaten anything here. The dinner last night and then breakfast this morning (4 euro for bacon, not good scrambled eggs, and pancakes I didn't eat). I didn't eat lunch yesterday and today I only had coffee, a Coke Zero (in skinny cans), a bit of chocolate (which was good) for lunch. I ate a granola bar when I came back to the hostel then I passed out for an hour. Now I'm sitting with my coffee and beer and laughing at my seatmates.

No comments:

Post a Comment