Monday, July 19, 2010

Day #1 of non-captivity

Okay, so my husband and my youngest son have gone off on a week long bike trip with our young men's church group. A WEEK LONG! Do you know what that MEANS? I have the WHOLE STINKIN' HOUSE TO MYSELF!!! Just me and the dog.
SO, rules of living alone:

Leave the bathroom door open. Nobody cares.
Talk to yourself. Just do not answer back.
Eat whenever you want, whatever you want and don't share.
Wear whatever you want. Shorts, cami...nobody will judge you
Smile ALOT
Laugh ALOT
Sing really really LOUD
Play with the dog and laugh hysterically. She'll love it

I'll think of more later. It's just so nice the have the whole house to myself. Nobody calling me Mom. Nobody calling me honey. Nobody asking me if I need anything. If I'm hungry. If I'm going to bed soon. What's for dinner. What do I want for dinner. How was work. etcetera etcetera etcetera (in the voice of Yul Brynner in The King and I) Will I miss them? Sure, I'm pretty sure I will, at some point. Probably. Maybe. Undoubtedly. Ya.

So I got home from work and played with the dog. Wrote on my blog (HEY!! How'ya doin'?). Changed into something I wanna wear without worrying that my youngest will be embarrassed. Gotta be all modest when he's around. Now I'm going to go sit in my hammock and play on my ipod, probably fall asleep, nap for awhile, wake up, make some mac and cheese, and watch a scary movie all by myself. Because I can. I don't have to be at work til tomorrow afternoon(you know how much I love that closing shift) so I can stay up late and sleep in. Life is gooooooooood. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment